Emergency Patients Welcome
Do you have pain or damage? Have you cracked or even knocked out a tooth? We are here for
you! Call immediately, and we can give you instructions and fit you into our schedule for
treatment the same day. A fast diagnosis and immediate treatment can make all the difference
in saving a tooth or a long-term healthy smile, so we’re prepared to accommodate you as
quickly as possible. Our caring, compassionate, and above all gentle team is here to support you.
Dental emergencies are never fun, and rarely happen during convenient times, so we will work to help you as soon as possible. Common dental emergencies include:
- Cracked tooth
- Fractured tooth
- Mouth sores
- Tooth pain
- Gum pain
- Pain with hot or cold
We will do whatever we can to fit you in as fast as possible. After hours, we are on call to help you address the problem.
Here are some things you can do before you come in to see us:
- If you think your jaw is fractured or are suffering a life-threatening
emergency, call 911.
- Take Tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for pain. You can also apply
ice for 10-20 minutes out of an hour.
- Orajel, campho-phenique, and similar over-the-counter medications can
ease a mouth sore by laying a protective film over the area.
- Soft tissue injury (like a bitten lip or tongue) can also be eased by
application of ice or pressure.
- If you’ve had an extraction and are bleeding, apply a folded gauze pad
with pressure to the site. Or soak a tea bag wrapped in a thin layer of
gauze, and apply with pressure for an hour.
- For a chipped tooth, soft wax can be placed over the broken area. If you
have the chip, place it in a cup of milk or in water with a pinch of salt.
- Knocked out adult permanent teeth should be put back in place and held
while you’re on your way to see us. If you can’t do that, put it in a cup
of milk or water. You’ll need to be seen immediately.
No one wants to face a dental emergency. But if you do suffer one, we’re able to see you the same
day to ease your discomfort. Give us a call at (913) 220-2209 should an emergency arise.